Random J Mix: Kylie Minogue - Padam Padam (Random J Extended Mix)

A post header image, featuring the interface of audio editing software, and an image of the cover artwork for my extended mix of Kylie Minogue’s “Padam Padam”.

When I first heard “Padam Padam”, aside from the initial shock of ‘Oh shit. Kylie dropped a lead single which is actually pretty damn great!’ I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at how short the song was. This whole ‘Songs under 3 minutes’ trend needs to go. I’m beyond tired of it. But “Padam Padam” didn’t really have a build of any sort, which I felt it needed. So I tried my hand at editing the song, and the end result is an additional 20 seconds of runtime and some new bits ‘n’ bobs.

I tried to do a full 5 to 6 minute extended mix, as we would have gotten for a song like this were it released in the 90s - but nothing I did seemed to work. Everything after the initial edit just felt like me padding the song out and making it longer for the sheer sake of it.

Since I uploaded my edit, Kylie had released an official extended mix of the song, which came far sooner than I expected. Going on the assumption that Kylie would do what she did for Disco, I figured we might not hear an extended mix of “Padam Padam” until Tension (Extended Mixes) released in 2024. But here we are.

I’ve had “Padam Padam” on repeat for days, and it seems I’m not the only one, as everybody and their gay cousin is tweeting about how they can’t get the song out of their heads. *Looks into the camera* Kylie may just have herself a US hit on her hands. The last time Kylie made an impact with a single release was back in 2001 with “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”, which charted at number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100. And “Padam Padam” is equally as catchy and addictive, so it may share its success.

“Padam Padam” is also being memed to absolute hell on Twitter amongst the gays, who all like the song. So expect every circuit party for Pride to be running up Kylie’s lil’ heartbeat / cheeks clapping song.


💿 Album reviews: Disco | Kylie Christmas | Kiss Me Once | Aphrodite | Fever

Comments