Perfume’s Cold Sleep film is available on Disney+! But only in Japan. Fuck dem international fans, I guess.
%20Perfume%20Cold%20Sleep%20film%20on%20Disney%20Plus.png)
I know, I know. As somebody who has been a J-pop fan for ages, I should be accustomed to Japanese music acts and their record labels not giving a shit about international fans. But it doesn’t make it any less annoying when it happens.Perfume and their team know by now that they have a very active international fan base. They can’t NOT know this. Perfume has held 5 tours outside of Japan, each of which had great turnouts. They held a one-off show in the UK, for which the venue was packed, and not just with the Japanese fans they flew in on ANA. They have their official international fanclub. Fans flew to Japan for their Nebula Romance: Episode Tokyo Dome show following the news of Perfume’s hiatus. Perfume’s team even went to the trouble of livestreaming the Nebula Romance: Episode Tokyo Dome show and making it available to access outside of Japan. So for Perfume’s team to release the Cold Sleep film on Disney+, but not do so globally is nonsensical to me. I am not surprised. Just disappointed. I’m sure the film will eventually be released in other countries, just as the Perfume episode of My Music Story was. But it feels like such a missed opportunity to not just make the release global from day one. It would have created a moment for all Perfume fans around the world to share together. And it may be a bit dramatic to say, but Perfume’s team kinda robbed us of that.
Of course Disney+ is not the only place you can watch the Cold Sleep film online. And I would never encourage piracy. But… [Shrugs]
💿 Album reviews: Game | Complete Best | Triangle | LEVEL3 | JPN | Cosmic Explorer | The Best “P Cubed” | Future Pop | Plasma | Nebula Romance: Part 1 | Nebula Romance: Part 2
🎛️ ?J Extended Mixes: Mawaru Kagami | Moon | Cosmic Treat | Nebula Romance
🎛️ ?J Extended Mixes: Mawaru Kagami | Moon | Cosmic Treat | Nebula Romance
Comments
Post a Comment
HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed