Music video: FAKY try to feel their Island oats with "Antidote"

Music video: FAKY try to feel their Island oats with "Antidote" | Random J Pop

Every time I see that FAKY have a new song out, I'm shocked. Because their singles don't be hitting and I don't think the plan was to have a group where the members rotate the way they have been doing. But the fact this group is still putting out music? Good for them. Very little of it is all that good. But, still. Good for them.

One of the issues with FAKY, which has been an issue since "Better without you", is that the girls don't really have a sound or a look that's particularly unique. The M.O. seems to be to just have the girls chase the tail-end of a trend, because every song they come out of always sounds like it's a few months or a whole year out of date.

Their latest song "Antidote" would have been great...in 2018.


The more I listen to "Antidote", the less I dislike it. It's well produced and does what it needs to. But I really am over these types of songs, regardless of genre, whether it be Reggaeton or EDM, where the hook is just some repetitive synth or horn with no vocals. A chorus with an actual hook and something in the way of a 5 point harmony would have helped make this work better, because the verses are decent. I'm so tired of groups that don't make use of every group members' vocals. I don't even need each girl to give me a solo. But at least have them all sing for the hook and give me some type of a harmony. These labels and managers only seem to care about the optics and the logistics of a group and nothing else.

As for the video... Lil' Fang try and make that booty work in the kitchen is when I waved my white flag and was done. I don't know what in the Rihanna "Work" type-o'-hell they thought they were doing with this.

"Antidote" is part of a trilogy of songs that FAKY are putting out under the theme of Girl power. The first was the Noonie Bao penned "Girls gotta live" released back in August, "Antidote" is the second, which leaves one more that we'll probably see in February or March of next year.

📺 Watch some of their other videos: Better without you | The one | Someday we'll know | Suga sweet

Comments