Black Disney princesses link-up to sing "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog

Black Disney princesses link-up to sing "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog | Random J Pop

Even big ol' Disney have been karate chopped in the neck by Miss Corona and have had to find new ways to get content out, and their big 'TA-DAH' idea has been Disney singalongs. Something which isn't new to Disney, but this premise somewhat is, as Disney have been taking advantage of the fact that every actor and singer is stuck at home, won't say no to some Disney aligned promo and has had them sing along to their songs. They even managed to get Beyoncé. Even if she did just sing the shortest of songs into her camera phone in selfie mode whilst she was making her way upstairs to turn on the humidifier in her wig closet.

There have been many great surprises here, such as Ariana Grande's performance of "I Won't Say I'm IN Love" from Hercules, which was so damn good to a point where she should definitely consider starring in a musical and or recording a cover album of musicals. And Christina Aguilera and Miguel sang a Spanglish cover of "Remember me" from Coco. But the upbeat version though. Not that slow acoustic rendition that left me a broken mess at the end of the film.

And another highlight comes from Anika Noni Rose and Chloe x Halle taking on "Almost there" from The Princess and the Frog. Anika Noni Rose voiced Princess Tiana in the original animation and Halle will be starring as Ariel in The Little Mermaid, so this was a nice Black princess team up.


They all sounded amazing. Chloe x Halle should be far bigger than they are. Chloe's tone is like velvet.

Disney's singalongs are available on YouTube and also on Disney+. I've been watching them on Disney+, even though I hate that damn player and YouTube is more convenient for me, because I'm try'na get my money's worth out of my Disney+ account. I signed up for the free trial and fucking forgot to cancel the bitch. So, here we are.

Hopefully when Miss Corona packs up and leaves, Disney will have everybody re-record their singalongs and release them to Spotify. Because not everybody had the best mic setup, which is wild for the singers. You'd think they'd have some form of home mic setup so they can still do some form of work on projects from home. But, nope. Miguel really gave us singing into my iPhone in my bathroom vocals.

💃🏽 From the castle to the club: Chloe x Halle "Do It"

Comments