Little Mix mighta did sumn with "Sweet Melody"

Little Mix mighta did sumn with "Sweet Melody" | Random J Pop

Let me tell you 'bout me and Little Mix. I think the girls have really fun personalities which come across really well on TV and in interviews. They can actually sing. Their looks are a bit of a mess, but most girl groups' looks are - regardless, they do have a marketable look. But I've never really been able to get into Little Mix's their music. It's just always missed the mark for me. The only song of theirs that I wholly liked was "Black Magic". Other than that, it's all been pretty middling. 

What I'm about to say feels like a common thing I've brought up in many of my album reviews lately, but Little Mix are so much better than most of the material they put out. And so much of what they release just sounds the same or like everything else on the UK radio. Needless to say I wasn't all that interested in their new album announcement, especially in the wake of its singles "Break Up Song" and "Holiday", neither of which did a damn thing for me. But "Sweet Melody" mighta did sumn.

I like this. And the looks in the video and the choreo? Yes and yes.

"Sweet Melody" is co-written by MNEK and Tayla Parx of Ariana fame. The influence of MNEK is evident, as it has a hook which is reminiscent of the UK number 1 song "Head & Heart" which MNEK wrote and featured on, in addition to "Sweet Melody" sharing a similar concept to his 2014 single "Wrote a Song About You" which ties breaking up with somebody to the creation of a song.

I might just check out this damn album.

Little Mix's sixth studio album Confetti is released on November 6th, 2020

Comments