Crystal Kay features in Roger Vivier's campaign for some handbags

Crystal Kay features in Roger Vivier's campaign for some handbags | Random J Pop

Crystal Kay is in her bag. Quite literally, as she features in Roger Vivier's Fall / Winter 2021 campaign for one of their new bags. Now, I have no idea how popular this brand is in Japan. But the fact that Roger Vivier has a whole Japanese website which has Japan specific items and campaigns featuring Japanese talent speaks volumes about how lucrative the Japanese market must be for the brand. Because lemme tell you something. Japan loves a handbag.

I know women be loving handbags. But I had no idea how much so until I went to Tokyo for the first time. I had never seen so many ads and billboards for handbags in my fucking life. They were everywhere. And the thing I found interesting was how men were used in many of these ads. I recall seeing Takuya Kimura in a whole bunch of Samantha Thavasa ads. So hopefully Roger's marketing team will have bought lots of outdoor ad space to plaster Crystal Kay's face every where. Although they'll probabaly crop a bitch out.

Crystal Kay features in Roger Vivier's campaign for some handbags | Random J Pop | Random J Pop
Crystal Kay for Roger Vivier Fall / Winter 2021 | Creative Directed by Nami Creatives

Crystal Kay not bagging a great deal of fashion or high street clothing campaigns has always been suspect to me. Crystal has an incredibly marketable look, which is perfect for billboards, shop windows and all the things. And one thing Japan lives for in its clothing brand campaigns is 'gaijin'. So either Crystal's management team were truly trash or Japanese brands didn't want her because she was too dark. And it's not even a case of 'either', because I know both to be true.

I hate it here.

This Roger Vivier campaign also features Mademoiselle Yulia, who seems to have given up her career as a DJ, pop star and it girl to wearing kimono's full time. It's all I ever see a bitch wearing. If y'all don't know about Mademoiselle Yulia's Mademoworld album, then you need to get to knowing. Great album.

💿 Album reviews: C.L.L. ~Crystal Lover Light | 637 -Always & Forever- | Almost Seventeen | 4Real | Crystal Style | Call Me Miss... | All Yours | Color Change! | Spin the Music | Vivid | Shine | For You | I Sing

💿 Mademoiselle Yulia album reviews: Mademoworld | Whatever Harajuku

Comments