Listen to Perfume’s “Spinning World” in full

Perfume’s final Plasma single “Spinning World” got its first airplay on radio. And of course it’s available for y’all to hear too. Catch this before the video gets yanked down.

I’m not gonna get too into the song, because I’ll have nothing to say when the music video drops, and nothing to say when I review Plasma. Especially as I’ve effectively reviewed half of the album already. But what I will say, is that I do like the song. I don’t love it. But I do like it. It sounds so much like a Capsule song. Which is not a bad thing. “Spinning World” could slot in amongst “Hikari no Disco”, “Future Wave” and “Virtual Freedom” very nicely. I actually think Nakata should shoulda been gracious with his Capsule material and given it all to Perfume. Songs like “Hikari no Disco” and “Virtual Freedom” is more of what I wanted from them.

I bet Nocchi likes “Spinning World”. She seems to have a think for the funk. When Perfume first started giving televised performances of “Polygon Wave”, she was hitting that routine like she genuinely liked the song. And when they played “Android&” on their lil’ livestream, Nocchi was fully feeling it. She has taste. Because, obviously. She’s Nocchi.

HENNYWAY.

When the Plasma album covers were revealed, I speculated that the music video would pretty much be the album covers come to life, and it looks like that’s exactly what we’re gonna get. But the “Polygon Wave” Kashiuber video would have also fit the vibe of the song, as it’s a very ‘driving late at night’ kinda song. I just hope the video is good and has replay value. Y’all remember when Perfume’s songs and music videos had replay value?

Comments