Music video: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa serve blue screen uni project budget realness in "One kiss"

Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One kiss | Random J Pop

I've not liked a Calvin Harris song since his 2009 single "I'm not alone" from his second studio album Ready for the weekend, an album of sounds that Calvin has completely abandoned since, along with the look and image he had back then. Ever since moving to L.A, hitting the gym and getting that dental work done, his music has shifted. I did have a brief thing for "This is what you came for", but largely wasn't into anything else he did either side of it. But this bop right here with Dua Lipa has got me ya'll. Initially, it passed me by completely. But during a car ride with a friend, it came on the radio and before I knew it, I was whipping my non-existent weave in the passenger seat.


COME THRU AESTHETIC. The visual is a perfect combination of what you'd expect from Calvin and Dua equally. There are only so many types of videos that you can give a song like this, so its a given that we'd get sun, sand and a pool. But it's nice to see it executed so creatively and with a sense of whimsy.

Comments