Rhizomatiks do the most for Perfume at the 70th Kōhaku uta gassen

Rhizomatiks do the most for Perfume at the 70th Kōhaku uta gassen | Random J Pop

Perfume performed at Kōhaku uta gassen, which they are no strangers to. And as they always do, they brought in Rhizomatiks to take whatever that stage setup is and make it their bitch.

The girls performed "Fusion" and "Polyrhythm", which I initially rolled my eyes at prior to watching, because I'm not a fan of "Fusion" and I'm sick to the back teeth of "Polyrhythm". But Perfume made me eat my wig, because...


Rhizomatiks did not have to go that hard for "Polyrhythm". Those visuals made the whole thing feel brand new. I wish Perfume's team took the same approach to arrangements of their songs as they do to their visuals. 12 years on and we're still just getting somebody pressing play on the Game CD backstage. And this short edit sounded awful and obviously cut short towards the end. I don't know why they didn't get Nakata to give them a cleaner and better sounding short version.

Also, as I'm sure at least one of you will ask; Yes, I have watched Perfume's 2019 Reframe and I'll be posting my thoughts on it this week.

📝 Perfume album reviews: Game | | JPN | LEVEL3 | Cosmic explorer | Future pop | The Best "P Cubed"
🔊 Playlists: The Rest "P Cubed" | Perfume Pussy Poppers
🎛️ Remix: Nananananairo (featuring Khia)

Comments