Brandy throws us back with B7 cut "Rather Be"

Brandy throws us back with B7 cut "Rather Be" | Random J Pop

Brandy's seventh studio album B7 (I hate the title, but whatever) releases on July 31, and if you pre-order it on iTunes, you will receive the album cut "Rather Be".

Now. I've not liked any of the songs that Brandy has put out since "Long Distance" from Human. I hated "Put It Down". I didn't like "Begging & Pleading". I didn't like "Freedom Rings". I didn't like "Baby Mama". But I absolutely adore "Rather Be". These are the types of songs where Brandy shines, and we didn't get anything like this on Two Eleven or Human, so it's good to hear Brandy back on her shit again.

And "Rather Be" is co-written by none other than Victoria Monét; the co-writer of Chloe x Halle's "Do It" and many of Ariana Grande's songs.


It's crazy that this is only a pre-order bonus, when it should have just been put out on all streaming platforms. Those like myself who weren't sold on "Baby Mama" would definitely swivel their heads for this.

I am so glad this song came along. I'm a big fan of Brandy's and was always going to check out her album regardless. But now I feel a bit more excited about it, knowing that there's a chance she's gonna give us some good-ass R&B and throw all our asses back to Full Moon and Never Say Never.

B7 will be available on all streaming platforms on July 31st.

💿 Album reviews: Two Eleven | Human
📀 An album of unreleased Brandy material: Love...

Comments