The A.G. Cook remix of Hikaru Utada’s “Face My Fears” gets a montage for a music video

The A.G. Cook remix of Hikaru Utada's “Face My Fears” gets a montage for a music video | Random J Pop

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts and the release of the Kingdom Hearts series on the Nintendo Switch, we got a music video for the A.G. Cook remix of “Face My Fears”. I say music video, but it’s just a montage of Kingdom Hearts III. And it’s a terrible and badly put together montage at that. We get gameplay footage with the HUD in clear view and everything. I know there’s little love for “Face My Fears”, but DAMN. Could we not have had some effort put into at least one of the videos?

Hikaru coulda shot a performance of the A.G. Cook remix of “Face My Fears” during the shoot of the Live Sessions at Air Studios gig. During the “Bad Mode” music shoot, they could just had a bitch walk out on some water to recreate the visual from the “Face My Fears” single cover. This shit is so lazy. I don’t get why you would push a song so extensively, just to give it shitty music videos.

HENNYWAY.

Square Enix don’t give a fuck. They’ve got another version of a theme song to pimp for some spin-offs. And Hikaru Utada and Teruzane have never cared about the Kingdom Hearts shit as much as some fans have wanted them to. Nobody is out of pocket for having paid for a production, and everybody is getting something out of it. So it’s all good. I guess. Except for pressed folk like me who would’ve liked an actual music video for this song.

Kingdom Hearts III is FINALLY releasing for the Nintendo Switch, although it’s a cloud version. Kingdom Hearts III was a nice looking game, but nothing about it gave me the impression that it couldn’t run natively on a Switch, which is what I think Square Enix should’ve aimed for. But given the issues that Square Enix have run into with their game engines from as far back as Final Fantasy XIII, it wouldn’t surprise me if they had developed Kingdom hearts III in a way which would have made a port an extremely tall order that just wouldn’t have been worth it. Which is unfortunate, because despite how terrible Kingdom Hearts III is, it would feel at home on a system like the Switch, where I think it would have sold really well.

Maybe for the next instalment, Square Enix will consider making it multi-platform from the jump. And maybe Hikaru will hit up A.G. Cook to work on a new theme song.



🗝️ Hikaru Utada x Kingdom Hearts: The Sanctuary of Passion | Tetsuya Nomura illustrates Hikaru Utada for “Face My Fears” | Simple & cleaning the dishes

💿 Singlekaru Reviewtada: Pink Blood | One Last Kiss | Dare ni mo Iwanai | Time
💿 Albumkaru Reviewtada: Hatsukoi | Fantôme | This is the One | Heart StationUltra Blue | Exodus | Deep River | Distance | First Love

🎧 Spotifykaru Playlistada: Slaykaru Queentada | Hikaru Utada: R&B | Hikaru Utada: Ballads | Hikaru Utada: Bops | Hikaru Utada: Remixes

Comments