Mashup: Whitney Houston x Perfume - How Will I Know

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art of my Whitney Houston x Perfume mashup. The cover art of which features a shot of Whitney Houston on the set of her music video for “How Will I Know”.

I'm kinda over "Time Warp". I adore the music itself and the sound is right for Perfume and a step in the right direction following some serious missteps. But Nakata being on his BS with incomplete song structures and Nakata insisting that Perfume sing like Alvin, Simon and Theodore ruin the song for me. So I just play the instrumental. And as I was, an idea came to me. Put Whitney on it. And then...

I had to cobble together the video from Whitney Houston performance footage, because Arista records (Whitney's record label) blocked the shit out of the video. Hella annoying, because the official music video fit so well, and oddly enough shares traits with that of Perfume's "Time Warp" video. But I tried to keep as much of it as I could to get it through.

๐ŸŽ›️ Other mashups: Ariana Grande x Lady Gaga | Britney x Tekken | Dua Lipa x Ollie King | Lady Gaga x Donkey Kong | Mariah Carey x Sonic the Hedgehog

Comments