Random J Playlist: Perfume - Plasma Tour (The setlist it shoulda had)

The header image for this post. Featuring colour blocks and the text ‘?J Playlist’ with an image of a phone on a grey stone surface displaying a playlist.

Perfume’s seventh studio album Plasma was a nice return to form for Perfume after the stumbles and falls which were Cosmic Explorer and Future Pop. But the accompanying tour...wasn’t all that great. But between how cool and different their Perfume Live: Polygon Wave gig was and that Perfume’s tours for albums have historically not been the best, the Plasma tour was always gonna have somewhat of a tough time. I’ve said all I have to say on the tour already. But one of my gripes was the setlist. The album just didn’t feel centred in it enough. And as is often the case with Perfume’s tours, the setlist didn’t flow the way it should have. I mean, opening the tour with “Flow” was a very strange choice. So I decided to make a playlist featuring the setlist that I think the Plasma tour shoulda had.

The Plasma setlist really should have been a slam dunk, because the album pulls from each of Perfume’s albums, yet is consistent in its sound, which is quite akin to their album Triangle. So picking complimenting songs should have been a walk in the park. But, nope. And we are still not getting mashups of songs which make obvious sense (i.e “Polyrhythm Wave” or “∞Clockwork”) or remixes of songs to help older songs better fit the theme of the current album and tour. But I did what I could.

And I’ll probably go in and change a song post me posting this. I am very undecided on whether “Mawaru Kagami” should be the opening or closing song. Because it flows so well from “Plasma”, but is also a much better encore song from the album than “Sayonara Plastic World”.

And speaking of “Mawaru Kagami”, if you listen to this playlist on YouTube, it features my v.1.2 version of “Mawaru Kagami” which fuses the album version with the Perfume Live: Polygon Wave version.

🔊 Listen to ‘Perfume - Plasma Tour (The setlist it shoulda had)’: Spotify | YouTube | YouTube Music


🎛️ Perfume megamixes: Cosmic Explorer | LEVEL3 | Game

🎛️ Perfume mashups: Beyoncé x Perfume | Whitney Houston x Perfume

💿 Perfume album reviews: Plasma | The Best “P Cubed” | Future Pop | Cosmic Explorer | LEVEL3 | JPN | Triangle | Game | Complete Best

Comments