Mashup: Dua Lipa x Perfume - Physical Game

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art of my Dua Lipa x Perfume mashup. The cover art of which features a red saturated shot of Dua Lipa from her music video for “Physical”, with the song title “Physical Game” superimposed on it, in the same font Perfume used for their album ‘Game’.

I made this mashup back in 2022, with the full intention of sharing it. But time passed and I forgot that I hadn’t. That, and I also couldn’t be bothered to. (I am VERY lazy and can often move on from ideas quickly). But with Perfume’s Game having had it’s 16th anniversary this year and Dua Lipa with a new about oot and aboot, I thought ‘Well, I guess now is as good a time as I’m gonna get to share this’. So here ya go. A mashup of Dua Lipa’s “Physical” and Perfume’s “Game”.

I like “Physical” and “Game”. But they aren’t songs I play often, if at all. In the case of “Game”, the only times I listen to it, is if I’m watching Perfume perform it. But I’ve found myself playing this mashup a fair bit over the past couple of years. “Physical” is one of those types of songs that you can put on all manner of things and it just works. But this mashup works to a point that I genuinely could envision Duolingo performing it. And it manages to keep the energy of the original, albeit it in a slightly slower tempo. Maybe she’ll do something with it for the Radical Optimism Tour. [Scoffs]



Comments